Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Paint Party Friday

That's the only party going on in our house today...My sweet Bugga is sick, throwing up, fever of almost 103--poor thing! Woke up this morning to him curled up beside me in tears--if that doesn't break a momma's heart...He was supposed to go to his buddy's for a sleepover tonight, but fortunately there are still a few weekends left to summer for sleepovers. Not going anywhere farther than the couch and the bathroom today, little one!

At least I've gotten headed back in the right arting direction yesterday! I pulled out my list of Tammy's Daisy Yellow Daily Paper Prompts (only a week....and a day....behind....could be worse--I could not be playing at all! Are you??) But first I had to make a sympathy card for the hubster, one of his lab guys lost his dad this week (you can see it next week for Mail Art Monday--an overflowing post! So excited!) Then on to day one's prompt: a rainbow! I love rainbows (can't say that without hearing Cartman's "I hate rainbows!" Ah, South Park...hahahaha) Anyway--I had previously pondered this prompt and how I wanted to approach it. The thing I loved most about Tammy's Index Card a Day challenge was the freedom to just play. I didn't feel pressured to create something with a purpose--these were just index cards! And now that it's no longer such a simple canvas, the pressure is back to find a reason, to find a purpose--why am I making this? I so want to art journal but I struggle with the why? What's it for? Who will care? And feeling purposeless makes it hard for me to create--but I'm working on it! It's all growth and learning and experimenting, experiencing...and that is enough purpose, right? Right.

So: Daily Paper Prompt #1-A rainbow:

 
I decided I wanted to do a journal page with the stripes of the rainbows being the lines for journaling. And since that nagging pressure for purpose just wouldn't let go (you can't just make a page for journaling on later--it needs to be written on and finished now...Oh the battles I have with my brain...) I scoured online for the perfect quote and came up with this from C. JoyBell C.:
 
 “I am a flawed person. A brook with many stones, a clear blue sky with many blackbirds. I have many shortcomings. A rainbow that’s not long enough, a starry night with clouds. But I can only be thankful to the God who loves me just this way, and I can only be grateful to the people in my life who accept the clear blue sky with many blackbirds and who are patient with the rainbow that isn’t long enough. And because of this, I am taught love, because of this I love my God, and I love these people.”
 
I had played with my watercolor set on my work up page but wanted more control with the color (always the control! I really need to learn to let go!) so used my Derwent Inktense on the finished page and added a little sparkly doodles with the Stardust Gelly Rolls. The purple row looked so dark, I went over the lettering then wished I had just let it go--I think it would've been legible as it was...ah well, too late now. Live and learn and for heaven's sake, just let go!!
 
And now Tammy has prompts posted up to the twelfth already...goodness gracious! So I should I have plenty to keep me busy over the weekend while I'm home taking care of my baby Bug...Thanks for popping by!

 
 

8 comments:

  1. Nice work. Love this rainbow! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rainbow with a fantastic quote, one I had not heard before. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely presentation of your sentiment! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty I like the way your words flow along the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours and words. I hope your little boy is feeling better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really lovely journal page - it just flows like water! (very colorful water!)

    ReplyDelete