Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Paint Party Friday/Summer of Color

Well this week has just completely flown by--Friday already, and pretty much the middle of July...This morning is blissfully cool, barely seventy and not supposed to get more than a few degrees warmer than that for the rest of the day! Sweet!! If the rain will hold off I'm thinking Bug 'n I just might head to the beach. Yeah, I'm not a 'hot day beach person'--I really don't do well once it gets up into the eighties. I love a soft, cool breeze, fluffy clouds covering most of those burning UV rays, and the smaller crowds that come with cooler days at the beach--that's what works for me! So, fingers crossed, weather permitting, we just might high tail it out of here later today!

Yesterday I tried to play around with the week's Summer of Color theme: Candy Apple Red and Yellow and I came across a watercolor tulip tutorial from Pat Howard's blog, the Painted Prism and thought I'd give it a shot with my Inktense blocks:

 
Not great but it's fun practice, learning what each color can do, blending and shading...and the funky little dandelions were another Pinterest discovery that's given me thoughts for more doodle flowers to play with later on...Any bit of practice and growing is never a waste in my book! Especially if you're having fun, right?
 
Also linking up with Paint Party Friday this morning...Thanks for stopping by--have a great weekend!!
 
 


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful tulips and I love those dandelions, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pretty flowers, Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute and look like fun to do. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful works for the SOC challenge! yes, just playing about and having fun with arting is definitely a good thing! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your doodle flowers- very lively and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both sets of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the same way about the beach and pool days, don't like the heat at all. Hope it worked out to be a perfect day for you!

    This is gorgeous, love the colors and flowers. The doodles are so fun and happy! All practice is good indeed! Thanks for sharing the link, will have a look at it.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn, your SOC creation is creative and fun and has such gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I think it's lovely.....Great job and so whimsical and pretty. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the contrast between the different style of flowers. I hope you had a good day at the beach, sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your flowers.
    Happy PPF and SOC, have a great weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your doodle flowers and gorgeous tulips! Your art is always so beautiful and very inspiring! I love how you used these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flowers are lovely in this week's color challenge! HPPF and SOC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Personally I love it...just my taste.... I love the whimsy of it!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Personally I love it...just my taste.... I love the whimsy of it!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great!!! I really do like the colors this week and you have used them well.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both of these pieces. Great work, fabulous use of the colours this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both terrific. Playing is so important!

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete