Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

ICAD 2013 Finale

Today's the final wrap up of Index Card A Day at Daisy Yellow--what a fun challenge to play along with these past two months! I didn't complete sixty-one cards or get to play every day, but I really enjoyed the prompts and experimenting with different techniques and materials that otherwise I never would've tried! Some cards were great, a couple went to the trash, others just tucked in my box to hopefully find purpose somewhere else later on...And I still have a bunch of cards left to play with for whenever the whim hits me! Here's my latest set of cards:


Crayon resist and masking fluid with watercolor
Paint drip prompt--the top is acrylic, then I splattered watercolor EVERYWHERE!! Too fun!
A little Inapod tangle for the Ogee prompt and then the flowers came out of the concentric circle prompt.
I have fallen head over heels for doodle flowers!
 
Tammy posted a closing questionnaire for our challenge:

Index Card A Day: Questions Gallore
  1. Have you tried new techniques, themes, mediums, materials, palettes, pens? Yes, I played with glue masks and different types of resists, experimented more with watercolors--fun!
  2. Do you look forward to your creative time each day? Definitely and feel frustrated on days I don't get to play
  3. Have you made a little time each day for the past two months for a bit of art? Not always--life sometimes gets in the way.
  4. What did you change about your schedule to allow time for art? No changes but definitely looked forward to that time every day
  5. How did you feel when you skipped a day? Frustrated, sort of felt cheated out of my play time
  6. What was it like to make an extra card? Great--felt like I was a little ahead
  7. Do you carry art materials in your backpack or purse for those little gaps in your day? I always have pens and paper to scribble on
  8. Have your creative ideas bloomed or faded? Most certainly bloomed!
  9. Are there any techniques or cards that you would like to create in a larger format? Oh yeah, already working on those!
  10. What did you learn about yourself? It was fun to just play and not feel pressured to create a finished 'piece'--just let go and experiment and see what happened.
  11. Will you continue your theme or series? Yes--exploring doodly flowers =0)
  12. Are you ready for something fresh and new? Yes!! Daily Paper Prompts!!
  13. Do you love flipping through your cards? Yeah, it's fun to see all that I did the past couple months.
  14. Did you underestimate the impact of this simple challenge? Yes!
  15. Did this inexpensive, flimsy canvas surprise you? Yes--who knew so much fun could hide in such a simple pack of index cards!
  16. Do you adore that pile of blank cards, that stack of potential? Totally!
  17. Did you surprise yourself? Definitely
  18. Did you stick to the challenge? I did miss a chunk in there...
  19. Did you have fun posting to the Flickr group or the FB group? The FB group was fantastic--so inspirational to see their amazing cards!
  20. How many cards did you complete? 42

Thanks Tammy for such a fun summer challenge!!

Every time I put my memory card in the computer to upload my new pics, this is the first photo I always see--Baby Tucker the day we brought him home, almost two and a half years ago (and my Bugga! How cute are these two??) Tuck's well over 100 lbs now and every ounce full of love and silliness and every day I kiss him right between those sweet brown eyes...Just had to share!

 

So here ends ICAD for another year! Tomorrow begins Daily Paper Prompts for August and September--looking forward to that! Thanks for taking a peek--Ihope you have a great Wednesday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment