Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Artist's Way Wednesday

Again, I rather slacked off last week with vacation and took a break from the Artist's Way, but am picking back up with chapter six this week. I've been keeping up with the morning pages but I'm not quite sure how or when I'll manage to get an artist date in now that I have Michael home every day unless I can sneak away for a little while over the weekend...We'll see--where there's a will, there's a way, right?

But, I came across this quote last week while searching for some words of encouragement to use on my Random Acts of Mail cards, and it really spoke to me:

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
~Lao Tzu
 
If that's not a picture perfect quote for an art journal page, I don't know what is! I did up a quick doodle sketch, then knew I had to do a finished page:
 
Rather free and playful, drawn in Pitt pens (I know--not Sharpies?! Right?) and a mix of Inktense blocks and Neocolor II's
 
The exposure has a bit to be desired--I thought I'd taken a shot yesterday but didn't and my flash mixed with the low morning light...bleh...It needs scanned, so will have to do that later today.
 
Anyway! Have a great Wednesday! Just a couple errands to run today, more cleaning chores, and hopefully time to create some pretties for tomorrow! Thanks so much for stopping by!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment