Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Zentangle Thurzdayz

The Diva Challenge this week was to incorporate the new 'grid seeds' demonstrated in Rick and Maria Thomas' newsletter last week. In the newsletter, they illustrated fifty of these 'seed' possibilities:
 
and opened the door for our imaginations to run wild. I picked a seed (a little variation on C3) that I thought I could play with and, as you can see, play I did! I started off the top card and only two blocks in I realized what potential lay in this design and quickly drew out two more cards using the same seed design, just turned different ways:

Cool, no?
 
I think I could play with these grid seeds a long, long time...But! Other projects in the works--if the humidity would kindly cut me a break so paints and glues and gesso would dry in a more timely manner....What's a girl to do? Tangle with grid seeds while waiting for the paint to dry? Don't mind if I do! Have a great Thursday!
 


15 comments:

  1. spectacular exercise! looks like you had fun. so cool. . . .

    m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a lot of fun! Thanks for such a great idea to play with and thanks for stopping by! :) *not worthy!!*

      Delete
  2. Your seed variations are beautiful. Great detail and patterning emerging. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see that you played three times with only one seed at first. All three cards look great but I think my favorite is the one in the middle.

    Really great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those 3 tiles are so fantastic! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really look great. Am working on some small things for a show and may have to use this one. Like spheres and the highlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great how you did one seed in different ways, to show us what can happen by just combining them the other way around. The results differ so much, that one could think there was another pattern involved. Great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn, these are awesome. I like the way they look. I too could play with these seed grids a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn! I was just posting my girl and my Zentangle attempts today! We had so much fun making them...I love your posts! And these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those three are really fantastic and ... a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your set of three seed tiles are brilliant, such lovely linework.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool? Yes indeed! Lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning love the high contrast really pleasing to look at.

    ReplyDelete