Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

What a Day!

I had the absolute best Mothers Day ever yesterday! Started out the morning with a run--I had hoped to run outside but it was drizzling so I stuck to the treadmill, which was fine. Better a treadmill run than no run at all! After lunch we headed to Lowes for some new pretty garden flowers. Hubby had just finished making a beautiful stone ring around our big tree in the front yard and filled it with super sparkly white granite--all we needed to finish it off was a nice pretty flower for a splash of color. So we found a gorgeous coral hibiscus, paired with a little grouping of marigolds--pretty pretty!



I also nabbed a beautiful Martha Washington geranium to put by the front door--I LOVE these flowers! Can't wait for this baby to bust out in blooms!


I spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying my Harry Potter weekend on ABCFamily and arting. Did one of my favorite Scriptures with a Stephanie Ackerman inspired doodle design:

Drawn in Sharpie and colored with Caran d'ache Neocolor II
THEN!!! Bill and Michael made me the most incredible dinner I ever ate...I asked them to make me dinner: plan it, shop for it, cook it, clean up after it--that's what I wanted for Mothers Day. My oh my--I need to ask them to do this every day! Haha! Bill found a recipe for crab stuffed, bacon wrapped filet and since I hinted that I'd like asparagus, he also made grilled bacon wrapped asparagus on the side. It was so incredibly good--I honestly believe that was the best meal I ever ate in my life. Michael helped with the mushroom cream sauce while Bill finished the filets and asparagus on the grill...So heavenly, melt in your mouth, yummilicious goodness! I've already requested a repeat for my birthday--haha!

Now my love is on his way to Florida for the week, just me 'n the Bugster hangin' out all week. The meals will certainly pale by comparison to what we dined on last night....but planning on more arting and Harry and who knows what else! Happy Monday! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment