Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Loving Lettering

Had a good day yesterday catching up around the house. Swept and dusted and puttered a bit. Put on a big pot of split pea and ham soup (I absolutely LOVE making soup and split pea is one of my faves--so yum!!) Threw open every single one of the windows just because I could and enjoyed the fresh air and listening to all the birds singing outside...beautiful day. I also managed to get a couple lettering projects done (the icing on my cake!) I've begun working my way through Creative Lettering by Jenny Doh, which is a super fantastic book, featuring sixteen different lettering artists and their top tips and techniques, with lots of fun projects to play and practice!
 
First project in Flora Chang's chapter. I used a list of journal prompt words from Joanne Sharpe's Letter Love to fill a page. It was so hard to just stick to only pink and black...but I really like the graphic look of the finished piece.

And Flora's second project-a simple floor to ceiling lettering style quote, colored in negative space-used my Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils.

This morning I have to run and pick up the new laptop. It's finally ready. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the hang of Windows 8 and sorting the finances on the new Quicken program...Supposed to have a gorgeous weekend (beach, anybody??) Happy Friday!!

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
~Psalm 19:14
 


2 comments:

  1. your lettering looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative. I enjoy all I am looking at in all your blogs and the info on the house.

    ReplyDelete