Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

A New Week and a New Baby

Week One's stash
 
Here we are at Monday again-those weekends do fly by so quick. I received fourteen cards/notes/goodies last week for National Letter Writing Month-I'm so excited to see what comes this week!
 
I haven't been very happy with the homemade spray paints I'd made. The sprays went too wide and I wasn't getting good color coverage. I discovered that the littler (is that a word?) spray bottles from Walmart worked way better than the ones I had found at Target, so grabbed a handful more this weekend and whipped up a few new colors. Hopefully I'll get to play with those some time today since I'm dreadfully low on envelopes. Below is an experiment in stenciling with a twig and little clump of boxwood leaves--eh...Will definitely keep trying new things with these sprays--I'm intrigued at the possibilities. (Oh, and I added more of the Perfect Pearls this time so they're really nice and sparkly, especially in the sunshine! Pretties!!)

Just a few more cards-doodles and flowers and words, oh my...

Meet Baby Pearl
 
Our sweet little love, Skye, passed away Saturday afternoon. She (he, actually...long story...) had been sick for quite a long time. I'd been giving her medicine, she'd get better for a little while, then start throwing up again--medicine, better, sick, repeat, for at least a year. I realized she'd never fully recover from whatever this was and stopped the medicine since it had to go in the water and I figured it might not be doing our other parakeet, Blinkie, good to be drinking medicine he didn't need. It's so sad, the letting go. She (he) was such a sweetie, a perfect little love. Blinkie really freaked out Sunday morning, waking up to an empty cage, so off we went to find him a new buddy to keep him company (as if our other three birds aren't enough...) And...welcome Pearl! She (we hope) is a beautiful tiny creamino with just the lightest wash of yellow on her forehead. Blinkie wasn't quite sure of her at first, but settled down after a little while and the two of them just sat and took each other in...I think they'll be good friends in no time.

So today is tax day--at last!! Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute! Fun times...fun times. But, first, it's almost fifty degrees this morning and Tucker and I need to hit the road for a quick run! Yay! Happy Monday--have a great week!


But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
~Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment