Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Winter Having a Final Say

It's been quite a busy week, swamped with cleaning (and I'm only on the kitchen!) I've hardly had any time to sit and play (I know, poor me, right?) And I'm so utterly obsessed with Downton Abbey, I haven't even bothered to watch any of my other DVR'd shows-Greys, Project Runway, or Dance Moms (yes, intellectual programming, to say the least...) If only there were more hours in the day...
 
But I did get a chance to start my Sketchbook Journal, although that pretty, pretty handmade paper journal totally didn't work out...The fibers from the bark snag the pen and forget trying to draw in pencil then erase, pieces of the paper come away on the eraser. Quite heart breaking. But...I'll find another use for it. For now, I decided to just use a vellum mixed media journal instead and it'll work out much better. My first page:
 
 
Still getting the feel of the rubber stamp-either half the stamp wouldn't take or it'd stamp too heavy...Waiting for a little piece I need to paste in for Sunday and I did jot something in Wednesday's but got too busy playing with these:

 
A postcard and a notecard for National Letter Writing Month. The little heart flowers are a spin off of Stephanie Ackerman's design from Internet Cafe Devotions and the simple lines notecard below I found on Pinterest, but have lost who the original artist might be...oops...

 
And Spring is starting to make an appearance here in the north! I've noticed quite a few robins already and just yesterday while I was out cleaning up the yard before today's snow came, I happened to peep a couple tulip leaves poking up as well as loads of daylilies...

 
 And these little Snowdrop beauties are also popping up around the yard:

 
I love being surprised when we move to a new home and Spring rolls around with lots of wonderful treasures! We're supposed to get quite a bit of snow today and tomorrow, so hoping my little flowers survive the cold.
 
So that's what I've been up to this week....Lots more chores on the list for today but hoping for some time to play later on. Maybe the kiddos will have an early dismissal if the snow keeps coming down like it is now. Have a great day--stay warm!
 
Ponder the price God has paid to purchase you. Be aware of the blood that was shed to make you holy and righteous. Know the peace that only He can give and the grace that only He can offer. Reflect that love in every step you take today.
 
“You do not belong to yourselves, because you were bought by God for a price.
So honor God with your bodies.”
1Corinthians 6:19-20
 

1 comment: