Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

HelloMornings Mug Shot Contest and More NLWM Cards

I know I've been quiet this week but I've been working on an entry for the HelloMornings Mug Shot contest and wanted to get my entry submitted before I posted it on here. HelloMornings is an online community that encourages Christian women to wake up early to spend time in God's Word, plan their days, and get in a little exercise--before the rest of the day gets under way. I'm already an early riser, always have been, so HelloMornings fits perfectly into my routine and I really enjoy their devotional challenges that they host throughout the year. This week they posted a contest to design a HelloMornings coffee mug and the winning design will be produced for resale! So exciting!! I knew right off the bat what I wanted to do-a stylized doodle version of their sun logo:

HelloMornings
Theirs
 
Mine
 
With the HelloMornings lettering logo inside the back rim of the mug and their Scripture verse on the back:

Let me hear in the morning
of your steadfast love,
for in you I trust.
Make me know the way
I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
~Psalm 143:8
 
All the entries, I believe, will be posted on their blog next week and voting will begin! I'll be sure to give more details as soon as I have them for anyone who'd like to vote--yay!
 
I haven't gotten as many cards for National Letter Writing Month done this week as I'd hoped, but I did get a few more ready. I'd received the colored notecards from the Zia group's Secret Santa Swap for Christmas and they were perfect to tangle on:

 
Not likely to get much arting done over the weekend either, I'm afraid. I'm bowling with my Bugga this morning in the Mother/Son Tournament (oh boy), then I want to zip over to a Spring Open House at a recreation center in town and get McBugga signed up for their guitar lessons that start next month, and! Then our Ashlee is coming over to hang out and dye Easter eggs with Bug while hubby and I head off to celebrate our twelfth wedding anniversary! We have dinner reservations at Davy's Locker, a great seafood restaurant right on the beach! Hopefully we'll even get a little beach walk in if it's not too chilly...Yay! Tomorrow is another whirlwind with church and (hopefully) a haircut for Bug who's getting entirely too shaggy...and who knows what else once we're out and about...haha! Happy weekend all!

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
~Isaiah 9:6

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. It will be our twelfth too in June.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete