Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cards Cards Cards

April is coming up right around the corner and, if you've been following along at all, you know I'm getting in gear for National Letter Writing Month! I have just over thirty cards done-about a third of the way if I'm going to mail to everyone who's participating...gotta keep on plugging to finish the next two-thirds! And that doesn't include thank you's for the cards I'll be receiving! April's gonna be one fun and busy month!

Lindsay, our wonderful orchestrator of this annual project, had made up the cutest postcards on chipboard and I fell in love with the look and warmth of the brown background. I went off on a mad mission to find chipboard so I could make some of my own, but to no avail. I couldn't find it anywhere! Then this weekend on an excursion to AC Moore, hoping to find some Uniball Signo white pens, (thanks to a tip off by the girls in Letter Love!) I did find a package of brown, almost craft paper-ish but heavier weight, notecards and envelopes (and my Signos! Hoorah!) Beauty! Home I ran with my toys in tow and quickly whipped up a few more notecards to include in my April stash:


At least I'm getting lots of good practice with lettering!

Did these three yesterday before I started addressing some of the cards...almost time to begin mailing!!

And on a completely unrelated note: I finally finished 11/22/63...wow...I've always loved Stephen King and I think this is the best thing he's ever written. Beautiful, beautiful story--make sure you have a box of tissues handy for the second half of the book...And now I'm back in my Happy Land of Westeros with George RR Martin's A Feast for Crows (Season Three starts SUNDAY on HBO!!!! So can't wait!!) Winter is coming...

And a completely unrelated photo:

My sweet Bugga being silly with Lenny and Loki--joys of my heart! Is this complete cuteness or what??
Well, a happy Wednesday to you all--thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you here again soon!
 

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
~Lamentations 3:22-23
 

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous! Great going to have over 30 done....wow! What a cute trio!! I haven't read a Stephen king book in years - might have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete