Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Couple Pics

It's been a sad, quiet weekend here with Bill's mom passing early Sunday morning. We will all greatly miss her smiles and laughter and just the joy she brought to everyone who knew her. I thank everyone who's said prayers for our family this week-always so very appreciated.
 
I did a couple more cards yesterday for National Letter Writing Month, coming up in just a short couple of weeks! The top one is all different ways to say "Hi" and the bottom is all how to say "Friend". So fun to do, great lettering practice, and I think they turned out cute:
 
 
And, as you can see, I am WAY behind on my Tangle a Day calendar...I've been so excited about snail mail month and getting in gear for that, I've kinda fallen off the zentangle wagon...though I'm sure I'll find my way back soon enough--love it too much to just let it all go. But these little houses just appeared and I think they're so cute I need to do a slate painting with them:

 
I think they need to be on a notecard for next month as well! There is still time to sign up if you wanna join in the fun! We're up to 75 pen pals so far--and don't think you have to write to each and every one! You will be assigned one pen pal and you're only required to send ONE piece of mail to that one person during April. Or you can send more, as much as you like. Some of the ladies send to everybody, and it is only polite to answer those who do write to you. It doesn't have to be anything artsy if you're not so inclined-just a quick simple note or postcard or greeting card with a little hello...There are some amazingly talented and sweet souls that participate every year and I'm so excited to be joining in--can't wait to see all the lovely goodies to fill my mailbox next month! Why not share in the fun--just jump on over to Lindsay's blog here and zip her off a quick email with your addy and you're in! Easy peasy!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday. I'm still knee deep in spring cleaning and it's supposed to be almost sixty here today and tomorrow--wow!! All my beautiful snow is melting, but it was such a wonderful winter, I couldn't have asked for more...

God has given you His Son. He has given you the Word. And He has given you His promise.
May all three enrich your life, strengthen your work, and bring you peace.
 
“As you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so continue to live in Him.
Keep your roots deep in Him and have your lives built on Him.
Be strong in the faith, just as you were taught, and always be thankful.”
Colossians 2:6-7

1 comment: