Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

AEDM Day 10 (um, 6)


I took a little 'Creativity Date' yesterday and went exploring at our new Michaels store in Dartmouth. It's pretty big and, sadly, the shelving is so high, it's really hard to see around the store to find where everything is at. I almost felt a little claustrophobic...But we also have an AC Moore as well that I really like, so I should be good on art supply shopping opportunities, either way! After Michaels, I thought I'd stop for a latte at another new-to-me place, Mirasol's Cafe. What a great little shop! It's so cute, inside and out, the windows are all painted bright and cheery! And along with coffee and lattes and chai and smoothies, they also offer quite a list of sandwiches and pastries, monster cookies--oh my!! I just ordered my latte and headed home, having such a small window for play time with school letting out early. It was yum! I'll definitely have to head back sometime for lunch and other, hopefully longer Creative Date excursions!
 
So this is Day Four of One Zentangle a Day. The patterns of the day are Shattuck, Nipa, and Jonqual, and below is my tile:
 
 
I'm really enjoying this book and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a well stocked Zentangle pattern book--there's so many that aren't available online. Get it, get it, get it!

The next three days look pretty busy...I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with AEDM, but I'm really going to try and in the very least, I will certainly jump back on board by Tuesday when life returns to what passes for normal here! Haha! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: