But, 2012 wasn't all that bad. I had some incredible friendships that carried me through the hardships. I discovered Zentangle! And what a fun venture that's been this year! I've met so many wonderfully talented ladies through this creative circle-they inspire me with their work, encourage me with their kind words, and light my days with smiles as they share their world, their art, and their lives...I look forward to learning and playing more with Zentangle this new year and hope to get certified as a teacher in the fall (actually meet Rick and Maria Thomas!! Whoa!!)
2013 looms ahead with some still unanswered questions regarding my tremors. Whether or not we'll ever find out the cause remains to be seen. But, regardless, we move forward. I'm training for my first 10k I hope to run this spring. All I can do is take the very best care of my health and the rest is in God's hands, come what may.
I plan to enjoy as much of the ocean as I can possibly squeeze in--to the Beach!!! I plan to paint, to draw, to play, to write, to enjoy this gift of family, to go see the whales and the seals! Yay! I barely made a dent in my list of books to read this year and I've already dumped another good half dozen in there with certainly more to come. So much to look forward to for this coming new year...
10 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? Moving to Massachusetts!!!
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? Being separated from Bill for the first nine months of the year.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? The amazing friends God blessed me with--Missy and Jenn and Diane, who made the world of difference getting through a very scary time....
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? My tremors that led up to spinal fusion surgery.
5. What were the best books you read this year? The Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin--I'm completely hooked on that world!
6. With whom were your most valuable relationships? My girls!! Coffee dates at Panera!
7. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? Stupid games on Facebook
8. What was the best way you used your time this past year? Zentangling!
9. What was biggest thing you learned this past year? I want to write something amazingly brilliant here but really...I guess in the very bleakest moments of the year, God blessed me with the most beautiful women I've ever known in my life. I never could've made it through without these three and I am so thankful...What I learned is God will never let me fall. His love will always carry me through, in the gifts of friendship and so many other little amazing ways...we are so blessed...
10. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2012 for you. All's well that ends well...
|Our happy little home covered in snow|
|Boo wantsa go play...|
|Loving my new calendar!|
|A little Rock 'n Roll Diva Dance...|